My Greeting Card Shop

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Horse Portrait aceo


Last weekend I was sitting on our newly done deck, the old one was rotting away, drawing out this guy. Well, with school starting, that means back to work for me. I work in the lunchroom at an elementary school for 2.5 hours a day. Basically I am running around like crazy washing tables. For most this would be no big deal, but I have a muscle weakness, so it takes quite a bit out of me. So yesturday, I was finally able to sit down and finish my Horse Portrait. I used Watercolor Pencils & Colored Pencils on Watercolor paper. Normally I do my shadows with alot of purple and blue, but this time I wanted to keep it a bit more realistic and have alot of gray in there. I didn't know if it was going to turn out, but I am happy with it. It feels really good to get back to my art after a very busy week. You can find this on my website at http://www.brendathour.com/ look under aceo's. I will also be posting it on my etsy shop in a little while at http://www.luvs2paint.etsy.com/

No comments: