My Greeting Card Shop

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wolf At Rest

I've been under the weather lately with bronchitis, so I haven't been up to doing much art. But last weekend I was cuddled up on the recliner under a blanket, with a sketchbook, a pad of watercolor paper and my watercolor pencils.
I first tried painting the wolf in pink since it's Breast Cancer Awareness month...but I didn't like how it was turning out. I had done a Pink Tiger aceo a few years ago that I just love, but a pink wolf was not a go.
This is what I then came up with. I call it Wolf At Rest, and am thinking of using it for my Christmas cards this year. The reference photo was taken a few years back at a wolf sanctuary in Forest Lake, MN. I do have to admit that I really like how it turned out, and I already created products with this image at my Zazzle Shop.Coming soon is a beautiful pink and yellow rose painting that I did before I got sick, but it still needs some finishing touches. I will post it when I get it finished.
I hope you are well.
Blessings to you all,

hugs,
Brenda

5 comments:

indozine said...

very good! congrats!

readingsully2 said...

The wolf is great. I tried your link but it did not work for me.

Unknown said...

Thank you for letting me know Carole, I fixed the link.

Marlene said...

He is so sweet Brenda. Hope you are feeling better.

jywheeler said...

Feel better soon! I love the wolf!