My Greeting Card Shop

Friday, July 6, 2012

Mr. Peacock Original Painting

 Mr. Peacock 11x14 oil on stretched canvas
Can be found in my etsy shop.

I love how he turned out, especially the tail!   It's been done for a few days, except something was missing.  That's when I added the blue on the bottom left below his tail where it dips and the bit of green above the dip.  That tied the sky and grass in.


This is my daughter's bunny, Moe.  He lives in her room and we keep the cage door open and he has the run of the room.  We are able to do this because he is litter trained and is a good little bunny.  Before we had free range of the room, he use to dig at the carpet (not good) until I took a big Yellow Pages phone book, opened it and left it where he likes to dig.  The room is bunny proofed to keep him safe.  We leave her bedroom door open, but he stays in her room and is too scared to come out.
 It's not easy to sneak up on a bunny while they are sleeping.  But I did and managed to get a picture.  I know, it turned out a bit blurry, but I caught him sleeping!

This is the second shot I took, and as you can see he is now awake, looking at me like, "Hey, I'm sleeping here, do you mind?"

hugs,
Brenda

8 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Great job, Brenda!! So colorful and lovely! and love the bunny! Hope you're having a great day,
best always,
Jean

maddyrose said...

The peacock painting is beautiful and the bunny is as cute as can be. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Rose.

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Brenda, this is beautiful. I love the colors of a peacock! You did a wonderful job with tying it all in together!
Your bunny makes me want to get one, so sweet!

Unknown said...

Thank you Carol.

Susan Bodendo/Super Earthling said...

What a beautiful peacock painting, Brenda! And your daughter’s bunny is so darn cute! :D

Unknown said...

Thank you Susan. Ya, he's cute and he knows it. :)

Mary Fox of Fox On The Run said...

I love your Mr. Peacock, Brenda. My friend in our group, Jan, had a peacock for many years...Mr. Mel and this just brought back memories of him...God bless your day. Mary