My Greeting Card Shop

Friday, February 12, 2010

For Valentines

As I mentioned in the past, I am a member of the DAWG team on etsy. DAWG stands for Designing Artists Women Group. For some reason I keep forgetting what the G stands for and I have to go look it up, stupid, I know.
Anyways, we have these little quests, kinda like a contest just for fun, and we create a piece or 3 of art to go with the theme for that month, whatever it may be. Of course, being it's February, the quest is Valentines.
After I finished Monkey Around, I was on a roll and wanted to keep on painting. So I thought this would be the perfect time to get my quest pieces done. Saturday morning, I went straight to the studio when I got up. Yep, I was still in my jammies and hadn't even eaten breakfast yet. Came across a butterfly on a cornflower taken by my friend and collector of my paintings, Pat Otten. Changed up the colors and design, and this is what I came up with, Butterfly Love. So, then I started thinking snowman. I live in Minnesota or Minne-snow-da as I like to call it. My studio table is right infront of a window facing my backyard with all the snow. Well, I put snow and valentines together and came up with this little guy. He is created on black card stock paper. Yes, water soluble oils works great on card stock. I call him Snowman of Hearts. I think he kinda looks like a space snowman.

Had a bit of fun with Design of Hearts.
I had so much fun painting last Friday and Saturday. I just put everything on hold and took time to play and have fun in my studio. Sometimes way too much time lapses between painting sessions. Not everything has to be serious, so let go and have fun! I highly recommend it.

Happy Valentines Day to you all!






1 comment:

Marlene said...

Love all your work for the Valentine's Quest. You are right it pays to just have fun with our art.