My Greeting Card Shop

Monday, January 20, 2014

Alcohol Inks

I recently discovered Adirondack Alcohol Ink through a friend of mine, Joann Wheeler, check out Joann's Alcohol Ink. shop.
Alcohol Inks are small 0.5 oz bottles of alcohol based inks that come in beautiful colors. JoAnn Fabric is one place where they can be purchased, and right now they are half priced.  They are to be used on non porous surfaces such as ceramic tile, glass, metals, shiny card stock, plastics, Yupo Synthetic paper, gesso art board, etc.  Basically you need a smooth non porous substrate, so paper is out, except for the Yupo synthetic paper.  I ordered some Yupo synthetic paper and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive. It seems to be one of the surfaces of choice for many artists.

This one is the second one I did, and it is on 5.5 x 4.25 inch Rangers Alcohol Ink Gloss Card stock. 

Through the Fall Leaves

Sunset Over the Hill

Blue Mountains aceo

Lily Pads aceo


Peeking Hydrangea 4x5

I am drawn to the rich and vibrant colors and I will warn you, it is very addictive. And yes, you can do more than just abstracts.  This one is called Gorgeous Peacock and is listed in my Etsy Shop.

More to come.
To learn more about them, here is  Monica Moody's Blog Post that tells more about it.


No comments: