My Greeting Card Shop

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Follow Your Heart

I did another abstract yesturday, an 8x10. This one I am calling Follow Your Heart. As I was working on it I noticed a heart shape in there, so I defined it a bit more. I used my palette knife for the first time, and really had fun with it. I'm using some colors that I don't often use, such as the yellow, orange and red.
You wouldn't believe how many times I've wanted to paint so bad, but since I didn't have anything planned, or an idea I could not. Now it's so great knowing I can do an abstract during those 'must paint' feelings. I love getting the paint on the canvas and cover all that white!

I also worked on Hearts Cry a bit more and defined the heart and tear drops more, and changed other areas that I didn't like.

I hope you've enjoyed looking at my first two abstracts as much as I enjoyed painting them. Looks like I'll have to add a new category on my website for them. They will soon be posted at my etsy shop and website.
You can follow me on facebook, and I'd love it if you became my fan .
I am also on Twitter.
Until next time,
Be safe always, and have a great day!
Love,
Brenda

1 comment:

readingsully2 said...

Wow, I like these new abstracts of yours. :)

Our Treasure Hunt begins on Monday. I hope you will be able to participate. Check out my blog for information. Thanks.