My Greeting Card Shop

Friday, May 13, 2011

Dawg Movie Challenge

The DAWG team Blog is having a 'Movie Theme Challenge' for the month of May and it is open to all artists.  This is my entry, The Dance Off, from the movie Bye Bye Birdie with Ann Margret.  This is one of my favorite movies of all time.  This scene is when they were dancing to 'Lot of Livin'.  Hugo and Kim were fighting because of the Kiss that Conrad Birdie, big rock star, was going to bestow on Kim during the Ed Sullivan Show.  I found the scene on Youtube for you.  I hope you enjoy it.



If you are an artist, I am inviting you to go to the DAWG Blog and enter the challenge too.  I would love to see what you come up with.  Go to the DAWG Blog to find out more info.  This challenge is just for fun and I hope I'll see you there.  Oh, and tell your friends.
This is also for today's Paint Party Friday, hosted by Kristin and Eva.  I've been wanting to join for a while now and there's no time like present. Come on over and check it out!

Have a wonderful weekend,
hugs,
Brenda

31 comments:

Denise Mulligan said...

So cute! I love that movie too! Your animal and nature paintings are lovely. I am an animal lover too!

GlorV1 said...

Like your painting. It's perfect with the video. All pink! Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Mary Hysong said...

cute peice, I like the background you did. And amazing you got her spot on from the vid! Happy PPF!

Christine said...

good job on the dance off! you captured the spirit.

Anne Butera said...

Happy PPF!! Great job with the painting! So fun!

Hybrid J said...

Such cute painting. Very fluid movement! Well Done! ;)

Jaime Haney said...

that movie is so cute and your take of Ann Margret looks great!

Happy PPF!

Valerie-Jael said...

Great idea, love the idea of using a movie scene for inspiration! Hugs, Valerie

Netty said...

Hope you are enjoying the party.
Smashing painting and love the movie theme. Annette x

BahamaDawn said...

great painting with great movement!

Melisa said...

I've never seen the movie but I do like the painting. She's wearing pink and dancing her heart out so how could anyone not like that? Looks great!

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone for your nice comments. I had a lot of fun with this one.

Annabelle said...

Nice painting and welcome aboard PPF.My hubby would like this...hehe AnnMargaret fan!


Happy Rainy Weekend
Annabelle ~^..^~

peggy gatto said...

Happy painting!!!

EVA said...

Fun painting! It really captures the theme! Well done!

So glad you could join us for PPF! Welcome Brenda!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Annabelle, Peggy and Eva. PPF is a lot of fun.

HeARTworks said...

Oh what an amusing challenge! Cute painting! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Priti Lisa said...

Love this painting AND your butterfly pendant, so pretty!

Lynette said...

What fun. This reminds me of a Picasso painting that he did of 3 people dancing on the beach. Same energy!

Unknown said...

Thank you Patsi, Lisa and Lynette!

Terrie said...

Fun concept - I saw that movie again recently and it made me smile - just like your painting. Nice work.

Heather Foust said...

What a fun challange! Very good. I love Ann Margerate too!

Unknown said...

Thank you Terrie and Heather.

Kelly said...

Oh dear - another blog party to join! I'm on my way to check out DAWG blog - 'cuz I'm all about the fun! This is my first PPF week too! Love your work!

Andrea C said...

Excellent work x

Sinderella's Studio said...

totally ann margaret!!! Love all those old beach party movies!!!
cheers, dana

Abela said...

You captured very well the movement of the girl. Saludos

Unknown said...

Thank you Kelly, Andrea and Dana.

Unknown said...

Thank you La Abela.

Lynda Lehmann said...

I remember that movie with great fondness, too! It seemed to epitomize that (much more innocent) era!

I like your painting!

Unknown said...

Thank you Lynda. Yes, it was a much more innocent time. That's one of the reasons I like it so much.