My Greeting Card Shop

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lighthouse Trip continued

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan was beautiful and rugged. We saw very few cars, if any. Except for the police officer who pulled us over for speeding. He was very nice about it, and let us off with a warning. We didn't even realize we were speeding at the time.
We saw Saint Helena Island Light from the shore near the Mackinac Bridge. It was a beautiful evening!

We crossed the Mackinac Bridge, to the lower part of Michigan and found Mackinac Point Light a little before 8 pm.


Then we came to Holland Harbor Light. It's a boxy red lighthouse among the sand dunes.

Paul, my sweet husband, walked around taking pictures from various angles and distances for me. He did that alot.

This trip was in April, and back in August I had another disk fused in my back. Most of my spine is fused because of scholiosis. I have one disk left that isn't fused at the base of my spine, and 3 or 4 disks at the top of my spine that isn't fused. (Isn't that terrible, I don't remember if it's 3 or 4?) So I was feeling quite stiff and kinda sore still.This was the first time I had ever seen sand dunes. Very cool!

I still want to do a painting of this one sometime. I think I did a

sketch of it...gonna have to check my sketch pads.



Now on to Grand Haven South Pier Light and Pierhead Inner Light.

Look how choppy the water was. It was Windy!


These next two, I don't think I even got out of the car.

This is Muskegon South Pier Light



and this one is Muskegon South Breakwater Light.

The goal of this whole trip was to see and photograph as many lighthouses as possible. It was a blast!





No comments: